As a Housekeeper, you provide care for our residences with friendly, positive co-workers adjacent Coffee Creek Watershed Preserve.
Our staff work in our culture of teamwork and respect – with some laughter throughout the day! We work together towards our goal of exceptional resident care.
I. Position Summary:
The Housekeeper is responsible for providing cleaning services for each resident in the Community and for the keeping all areas clean, neat, attractive and safe.
II. Specific Task/Duties
1. Housekeeping Activities 80% of Time
- Meets standards established for the Housekeeping department.
- Provides cleaning services to resident apartments weekly including the following tasks: changing sheets and making beds, vacuuming, mopping floors, cleaning bathroom, tub, and sink, dusting, emptying trash receptacles, and cleaning the kitchen area so that resident apartments will stay clean, clutter-free, and odor-free.
- Dusts, vacuums, and mops all common areas routinely and as needed to maintain a clean environment.
- Washes walls, windows, doors, woodwork, etc. as needed to maintain a clean environment.
- Empties all wastebaskets and trash receptacles in common areas and offices and takes gathered trash to dumpster as needed to maintain an odor-free and sanitary environment.
- Keeps all public restrooms clean and stocked with appropriate supplies for the convenience of residents, staff, and guests.
- Participates in annual cleaning activities.
- Prepares apartments for move-in as assigned.
- Keeps utility, storage, and laundry rooms in clean and orderly condition. Cleans lint traps as necessary to prevent a fire hazard.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies as assigned.
- Advises management of rooms clean and ready for occupancy.
- Other duties as assigned and which relate to the success of the Community and the care, comfort, and happiness of our residents.
2. Other Housekeeping Activities 20% of Time
- Handles all chemicals according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Keeps all chemicals under lock and key when not in use for the safety of the residents.
- Works efficiently in order to complete all assigned tasks during the shift.
Housekeeper Job Description
- Disinfects and sterilizes equipment such as mops, brooms, and cleaning materials such as cloths.
- Notifies supervisor of repairs or areas of concern.
- Informs resident care staff of any changes/concerns of a resident.
|1.||Promotes the community in all interactions within and outside the community. Demonstrates loyalty and pride in the facility, its associates and departments.|
|2.||Safeguards the confidentiality of information regarding residents/clients and the community.|
|3.||Projects a professional and caring demeanor in interactions with residents/clients, family members, visitors, and employees. Provides exemplary customer service to all internal and external customers.|
|4.||Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing.|
|5.||Demonstrates an attitude of teamwork when interacting with other associates within the community.|
|6.||Anticipates needs of residents/clients and co-workers in a pro-active fashion seeking to meet those needs even before a formal request is made.|
|7.||Takes responsibility for maintaining a clean, neat and orderly environment. Uses equipment, supplies and other materials with a focused effort to reduce waste.|
|8.||Welcomes suggestions and new ideas as an opportunity to learn, grow and improve services.|
|9.||Adheres to all established policies and procedures of the organization.|
|10.||Assists the organization in detecting, reporting, and correcting work activities that may potentially be considered inappropriate, illegal or fraudulent.|
|11.||Completes assignments in a timely manner and communicates to the supervisor if problems/issues arise regarding the completion of assignments.|
|12.||Responds timely and provides required documentation (i.e. current certification, CPR, annual TB test, etc.) and information to HR as requested.|
|13.||Abides by work schedule, participates in weekend and holiday rotation as assigned. Has regular and predictable attendance.|
|14.||Accurately and consistently records time worked utilizing key fab system.|
|15.||Attends and participates in continuing education programs as required.|
To apply, complete our online form.
Typing your name on our online applications will be your signed consent that information is truthful and accurate and provides your approval to conduct background screenings.