Director of Life Enrichment
The Director of Life Enrichment is responsible for planning, organizing, developing and directing the life enrichment activities designed to encourage resident socialization, improve daily living skills, expand personal interests and increase the physical, intellectual, emotional, and psychological well-being of the residents.
Life Enrichment Duties and Responsibilities
A. Life Enrichment Activities 80% of Time
1. Plans, develops, organizes, implements, evaluates, and directs the activity programs to encourage resident socialization, improve daily living skills, expand personal interests and increase the physical, intellectual, emotional and psychological well-being of the residents.
2. Assesses individual/group resident needs and develops related meaningful programs.
3. Ensures programs are available throughout the day, evenings and weekends.
4. Prepares and coordinates the posting of schedule of activities at least monthly.
5. Coordinates, directs and/or conducts all planned activities.
6. Demonstrates and leads exercise program for residents.
7. Provides or coordinates scheduled transportation for community-sponsored activities.
8. Establishes and maintains good public relations and rapport with community groups, in order to provide outside activities and special projects for residents, (i.e. church services, special concerts, school group visits, etc.)
9. Documents in resident’s record as appropriate. Charts resident’s attitude, participation level, etc.
10. Attends resident care conferences, updates Life Enrichment plans with progress notes, goals and treatment plans as appropriate.
11. Assists with the logistics and coordination of the resident advisory council as determined by the resident advisory council.
12. Treats all residents, visitors, and staff with courtesy.
13. Respects and safeguards confidential information regarding residents.
14. Exercises tact and good judgment in dealing with residents, families, and co-workers.
Director of Life Enrichment Job Description
B. Supervisory Activities 10% of Time
1. Directly supervises the Life Enrichment associates and volunteers. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Community’s policies and applicable laws.
2. Interviews, hires, and trains associates and volunteers.
3. Oversees the departmental orientation of new associates and volunteers.
4. Plans, assigns, directs, and oversees work performed by the associates and volunteers.
5. Appraises performance and rewards and disciplines associates and volunteers.
6. Address complaints and resolves problems.
C. Financial/Budget Activities 5% of Time
1. Assists in the development of the life enrichment budget for food, equipment, supplies, events and labor.
2. Forecasts the needs of future activities.
3. Adheres to budget for all programs.
4. Submits reimbursements/expenses in a timely manner.
D. Leadership Activities 5% of Time
1. Conducts tours and provides information to prospective residents/families.
2. Participates in leadership weekend and holiday rotation.
3. Updates knowledge and skills through in-services and continuing education per facility requirements.
4. Performs other duties as needed or as assigned.
IV. Position Requirements
Minimum Education Preferred
Must possess a State Approved Activities Director Certification Course or obtain it within one year of hire.
Applicable Experience – Must have one-year experience in a social, recreation, activities planner capacity. Leadership/management experience.
Personality/Company Fit Looking for candidates who display:
• High Self-Esteem
• Positive Attitude
• Sense of Humor
• Team Commitment