Day, activities Assistant (High Potential for Full-time)
As a Life Enrichment Assistant, you provide care for our residences with friendly, positive co-workers adjacent Coffee Creek Watershed Preserve.
Our staff work in our culture of teamwork and respect – with some laughter throughout the day! We work together towards our goal of exceptional resident care.
The Life Enrichment Assistant aides the Life Enrichment Director in planning, organizing, and implementing the life enrichment activities designed to encourage resident socialization, improve daily living skills, expand personal interests and increase the physical, intellectual, emotional, and psychological well-being of the residents. The Life Enrichment Assistant works closely with residents, family members, volunteers, associates, and community representatives.
II. Life Enrichment Duties and Responsibilities
A. Life Enrichment Activities 100% of Time
- Assists in planning, developing, organizing and implementing the activity programs to encourage resident socialization, improve daily living skills, expand personal interests and increase the physical, intellectual, emotional and psychological well-being of the residents.
- Acts as a leader for scheduled activities such as exercise, games, music activities, socials, etc. to ensure the activity plan is followed.
- Interacts and facilitates activities with residents.
- Assists with the transporting of residents to scheduled community-sponsored activities.
- Establishes and maintains good public relations and rapport with community groups, in order to provide outside activities and special projects for residents, (i.e. church services, special concerts, school group visits, etc.).
- Documents in resident’s record as appropriate. Charts resident’s attitude, participation level, etc.
- Treats all residents, visitors, and staff with courtesy.
- Exercises tact and good judgment in dealing with residents, families, and co-workers.
- Perform other duties as needed or as assigned.
|1.||Promotes the community in all interactions within and outside the community. Demonstrates loyalty and pride in the community, its associates and departments.|
|2.||Safeguards the confidentiality of information regarding residents/clients and the community and holds others accountable to the same standard.|
|3.||Projects a professional and caring demeanor in interactions with residents/clients, family members, visitors, and employees. Provides exemplary customer service to all internal and external customers.|
|4.||Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing.|
|5.||Sets an example by demonstrating an attitude of teamwork when interacting with others within or outside the community. As such, consistently demonstrates respect for self and for others in manner (body language, dress), work (spoken language) and action (behavior).|
|6.||Anticipates needs of residents/clients and co-workers in a pro-active fashion seeking to meet those needs even before a formal request is made.|
|7.||Exhibits financial responsibilities, ensuring budgetary guidelines are met. Leaders are accountable for their associates’ use of equipment, supplies and other materials with a focused effort to reduce waste and costs.|
|8.||Welcomes suggestions and new ideas as an opportunity to learn, grow and improve services.|
|9.||Adheres to all established policies and procedures of the organization.|
|10.||Assists the organization in detecting, reporting, and correcting work activities that may potentially be considered inappropriate, illegal or fraudulent.|
|11.||Completes assignments in a timely manner and communicates to the supervisor if problems/issues arise regarding the completion of assignments.|
|12.||Responds timely and provides required documentation (i.e. current certification, CPR, annual TB test, etc.) and information to HR as requested.|
|13.||Abides by work schedule, participates in weekend and holiday rotation as assigned. Has regular and predictable attendance.|
|14.||Attends and participates in continuing education programs as required.|
|15.||Accurately and consistently records time worked utilizing key fab system.|
To apply, complete our online form.
Typing your name on our online applications will be your signed consent that information is truthful and accurate and provides your approval to conduct background screenings.