As a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), you provide care for our residences with friendly, positive co-workers adjacent Coffee Creek Watershed Preserve.
Our staff work in our culture of teamwork and respect – with some laughter throughout the day! We work together towards our goal of exceptional resident care.
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is a member of the resident care team who has been trained in the skills that enable her/him to provide personal care for individuals in their residence under the supervision of a nurse.
I. Specific Task/Duties
1. Resident Care 85% of Time
A. Provides resident care at the request of the nurse and performs only the tasks appropriate to the resident or specific to CNA residential duties.
- Personal Care Tasks including: bathing—sponge, bed bath, assisting in shower/tub; oral hygiene; hair, skin and nail care; shaving; toileting assistance, routine catheter care, and bowel maintenance program; feeding, and providing nutritional support as needed. Follows all infection control procedures.
- Ambulation/Exercises including: assisting with transfers; manual, mechanical lift, transfer boards; assisting with ambulation; stand by assist, walker, cane or crutches; range of motion: active, passive; and performing specific exercise program after instruction by RN or licensed rehab professional.
- Patient-Related Tasks including: Routine nursing procedures which normally could be taught to family members; assisting with medications that are ordinarily self-administered (and as allowed according to state regulations); non-sterile dressing changes; changing bed linens; dressing assistance; assisting other personnel in care of patients when more than one person is needed to give care; performing patient related housekeeping chores as assigned; and assisting with tasks assigned by the nurse, as requested.
B. Reports to the nurse any changes, at the time they are noticed, in the resident’s medical, nursing, rehabilitative, and social needs.
2. Record Keeping 10% of Time
A. Completes accurate documentation of resident care before the end of the shift.
- Accurately and consistently records time worked utilizing key fab system.
3. In-Services 5% of Time
A. Updates knowledge and skills through in-services and continuing education per agency requirements.
B. Attends staff meetings as required.
To apply, complete our online form.
Typing your name on our online applications will be your signed consent that information is truthful and accurate and provides your approval to conduct background screenings.