Assistant Director of Resident Services
Residences at Deer Creek, Schererville’s award winning senior living community, is looking for an Assistant Director of Resident Services to join our team. We are proud that the nursing department has received zero deficiencies from the State Board of Health surveys over the last 5 years!! The Assistant Director of Resident Services is responsible for supervising the day to day nursing activities of Memory Care and Assisted Living in accordance with state and federal regulations. Provides a therapeutic environment that maintains a high level of physical, social, and psychological well-being to residents. Some other responsibilities include:
- Assists with interviewing and assessing residents/families prior to admission and coordinating the preadmission, screening and discharge process.
- Provides in-services and education for associates, family members and volunteers as directed.
- Coordinates with staff the development of twenty-four hour plans for residents and ensures delivery of same. Ensures progress notes are updated accordingly.
- Makes daily rounds of work areas to ensure all nursing personnel are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards. Reports findings to the Director of Resident Services.
- Assists in monitoring medication passes and treatment schedules to assure medications are being administered as ordered and treatments are provided as scheduled.
- Participates in hiring, scheduling, and supervising staff as directed.
- Assists in the orientation and mentoring of new care staff.
- Participates in surveys by authorized government agencies.
- Ensures that a sufficient number of LPNs, RNs, QMAs, and CNAs are scheduled for all shifts to ensure that nursing care is provided to meet the daily care needs of each resident and that quality care is maintained.
- Picks up shifts to ensure appropriate staffing to meet resident needs.
- Assists with the coordination and management of the on-call system for resident services during off hours. Participates in finding coverage for call offs.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package!
- 401k with employer match
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits: supplemental life, accident and short-term disability
- Flexible Paid Time-Off program
- Employee discounts
- Use of On-site Fitness Center
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Event
- Complimentary beverages
- Must have successfully graduated from an accredited approved nursing school.
- Possess an active State of Indiana LPN or RN licensure and CPR Certification.
- Minimum of three years clinical nursing experience required. Long-term care and management experience preferred.
To apply, complete our online form.
Typing your name on our online applications will be your signed consent that information is truthful and accurate and provides your approval to conduct background screenings.